Banana and apple strudel with cashew cream
here This rich, decadent dish is simple to assemble and requires only 6 easy-to-source ingredients. Glide your fork through layer upon layer of soft, sweet banana and gooey cinnamon dates and enjoy the ultimate delicious, guilt-free experience of Sophie’s Strudel
enter Preparation time: 30 minutes. Cashews need to be soaked overnight or for 2 hours minimum, and the strudel needs to be chilled for around 2 hours.
https://dunkl.co.at/deposti/1686 Serves 4
- 4 dates
- 1 apple
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (or to taste)
opcje binarne forum opinie Banana layers:
- 8-10 bananas
- 2 cups of cashews soaked overnight (or for 2 hours)
- 2 dates
- Half a banana
see url Sprinkles:
- Dried coconut flakes
1. Start by blending your filling. Add the dates, apple and cinnamon to the blender and blend to a smooth consistency. Add a tiny bit of water if you are struggling to blend the ingredients, but do not add much water. You want to make a smooth paste. Place the paste into a bowl and set aside.
2. Now slice your bananas length ways (around a third of an inch thickness) to create long ribbons. Layer them up side by side on a plate. Fill in the gaps with any small pieces of banana you have. Stop when you have created one layer the size of the plate.
3. Now spread a third of your filling paste onto the bananas, making sure you spread the paste evenly all over the first later.
4. Repeat the process of steps 2 and 3 and create two more layers of banana topped with the filling. When this is done, layer the top neatly with bananas to finish the strudel. Place the strudel in the fridge for 2-4 hours (or the freezer for 1 hour if you’re in a hurry).
5. Now take the soaked cashews and drain away the soaking water. Place the cashews into the blender along with the dates and half a banana. Add a quarter of a cup of cold water into the blender and blend into a smooth cream.
6. To serve, either spread a thick layer of cashew cream onto the top of chilled strudel or serve a dollop of cream on the side. Sprinkle the top of the strudel with dried coconut flakes.