Anastasia Fedorin's recipes:
The base is so deliciously crunchy, while the pumpkin mix is so smooth and creamy!
Absolutely must for holidays!
For the Crust:
- 100g oat flour, 1 cup
- 200g pecans, 2 cup
- 15 fresh pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For The Filling:
- 500g pumpkin puree, 2 cups (steamed pumpkin)
- 60ml almond milk, 1/4 cup
- 10 fresh dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
For a crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a pie dish with baking paper
2. Add the pecans to a food processor and process until it starts to clump and oils start to release, but don’t make pecan butter.
3. Add dates, oat flour and cinnamon mix all together in a food processor
4. Spoon the pecan dough into the pie dish and smooth out evenly. Press down firmly with fingers to form a crust, bringing it up along the sides to create a thick border. Press as firmly as you can and prick the base with a fork 10-12 times
Bake for 10 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn. Remove and cool for 10 mins
For the filling:
In a food processor mix together all ingredients
Scoop the filling into the crust and smooth out. Cover the pie with tin foil and bake for 1 hour in the middle of the oven.
You can enjoy this pie both hot and cold, it's absolute winner anyway!
Tags: Sweet treats